Development and Sea Trials of a Shuttle Type AUV "ALBAC"
The ALBAC was constructed as a practical AUV for oceanographic measurement. This paper introduced the process of design and details of the ALBAC. It is concluded that shuttle type AUVs are practical for oceanographic measurement of water column. The ALBAC is the first vehicle and can be modified for deeper dives by slight change.
The authors wish to thank Kobe Steel, LTD., OKISEATEC CO. LTD., Ashinoko Fishery Association and Central Workshop of Institute of Industrial Science of University of Tokyo for supporting the construction and sea trials of the ALBAC.
- URA Tamaki:"Free Swimming Vehicle 'PTEROA' for Deep Sea Survey", Proc.ROV'89, (1989.3), pp.263-268
- KAWAGUCHI Katsuyoshi, URA Tamaki, TOMODA Yoshifumi, KOBAYASHI Heihachiro : "Development of a Shuttle AUV for Oceanographic Measuerment", Proc. of Pacific Ocean Remote Sensing Conference, Okinawa, (1992.8), pp.876-880
- D. E. Hoak, "United States Air Forces Stability and Control Data Compendium", McDonnell Douglas Corp. Douglas Aircraft Division, (1960)
- H. Maeda and S. Tatsuta, "Prediction Method of Hydrodynamic Stability Derivatives of an Autonomous Non-Tethered Submerged Vehicle", Proc. of Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Netherlands (1989), pp.105-114
- IRA H. Abbott, "Theory of Wing Sections", Dover Publications INC., New York, (1959)
Last modified: Tue June 6 1995